Sunday 7 July 2013

Good Show!



 I had a great time at the London Film and Comic Con yesterday at Earl's Court 2. Spent most of the day sketching and chatting to readers (good to put faces to names I'd only known on Facebook), and reacquainting with old pals, some of whom I hadn't seen for several years. Good to meet up with my Beano pal Nigel Parkinson, David Leach, Debbie Tate, Robbie Morrison, David Lloyd, Yel Zamor, Simon Williams, Roger Langridge, Rian Hughes and more. 

Thanks to Mike Conroy and his daughter Cassandra for the invite and to the friendly LFCC Crew. Also thanks to Huw J for hosting the humour comics panel. 




LFCC was the first big comics event I've attended for a few years and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Really nice to meet readers who had grown up on Tom Thug, Combat Colin and Sonic the Comic! Hope to do more in the future. 







I was hoping to feature more photos from the event but I don't think I had the right settings on my new camera so the pics didn't turn out too well. Here's a few shots anyway of the crowds who were there. Busy day, as you can see! And the show continues today. Enjoy yourselves!

UPDATE 11/7/2013: It was great to meet up with Deborah Tate and Robbie Morrison again after many years. Deb was my editor on Sonic the Comic back in the Nineties and we used to have a good laugh discussing the scripts as well as putting the world to rights. Here we are last Saturday at the event...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully they had air-conditioning or it must have been sweltering.

Anonymous said...

I remember an episode of The Simpsons where Comic Book Guy ( the fat one with a pony tail) is at a comics convention, he's rummaging through some comics then he says " Tut, tut- they've mixed up Amazing Spider Man with Spectacular Spider Man, this will not do !!" That was in the days when The Simpsons was still funny.

Lew Stringer said...

Yes, air conditioning was great. No problems there.