Wednesday 28 August 2013

Keyholes in the can

I'm still working on the strips for 2015 annuals so I probably won't be updating this blog for a few days as deadlines are looming. All of the Keyhole Kate pages for The Dandy Annual 2015 were completed a few days ago and are now with DC Thomson, and I'm currently drawing several Smasher pages for the book. I'm doing all the creative work on the strips; writing the scripts, pencils, inks, logo design, lettering, and colouring, so it's a lot of work but very satisfying.  

After that, four Rasher mini-strips to draw for next year's Beano Annual. Anyway, back to the drawing board! 

5 comments:

MJ said...

Any Viz Sid or Sharks in the pipeline Lew? To add to your list....

Lew Stringer said...

Not as yet. I'm just focusing on the Dandy and Beano annuals at the moment, but I'll be pursuing work on other titles as soon as these pages are completed.

mj said...

Oops as you guessed I meant syd as in suicidal not sid as in sexist. Look forward to future appearances..

John Pitt said...

One of my late Mother's favourites, together with Hungry Horace. Glad to see Kate's going to be around long after this year. I owe a big thank-you to my Mother not only for my life, but also for that very first Playhour, which started my lifelong love of comics. You were so right what you said about having a brother to share the load being a blessing, back in May. I don't know what I would have done without him!

Lew Stringer said...

I'm sorry for your loss, John. I'm glad that your brother has been supportive and I'm sure he feels the same way about you being there for him.

Yes, my own loss would have been easier if I still had any family but I'm getting through it one day at a time. It's a long journey.