Tuesday 13 August 2013

Team Toxic


I was recently contacted by Egmont to draw a promotional piece for them featuring the Team Toxic characters. It's been about 11 months since I last drew them as Toxic runs reprints of my old strips these days, but it felt good to once again have Doc Shock, Bog, Sludge, Kid Zombie, and Krunk pouring out of my pen.

Those five Team Toxic characters were created back in 2002. I'm not sure who came up with the concept but Jon Rushby visualized them, and I was assigned to write the scripts starting with Toxic No.1. By issue 15 I was also invited to draw it, and continued to do so until the 10th anniversary issue last year when the strip went reprint.

After a solid decade of drawing for Toxic, watching it become a popular title on the stands, I miss working for the mag and creating all the bizarre villains that the Team faced, such as Butt-Face, Sick Squid, Frankendrac, and Techno Troll. However if any of you missed those strips and are interested in seeing those old Team Toxic stories pick up a copy of Toxic today.  

No comments: