Saturday 17 September 2016

End of the Parade

Here's a preview panel from this week's Pup Parade... although it won't actually be called Pup Parade! You'll find out why in The Beano when it goes on sale on Wednesday (or before, if you're a subscriber). Although I usually write the strip, this one was written by someone else as it ties in with a theme running through the comic.

Sadly, this will be my last page for The Beano for the forseeable future. This issue will also be a "big news" edition, which will lead into a relaunch for the comic the following week. As I'm not part of that revamp I have no idea what it entails but I'm sure all the core characters will remain and there'll be new ones too! I've heard it's going to be great, so Never Be Without A Beano!

There are a couple of unpublished Pup Parades that might appear in 2017 or in the 2018 annual. I've also illustrated a four page story (not Pup Parade though) for The Beano Christmas Special, so that will be out later this year. Other than that, I don't know when I'll be back in The Beano. Such is the roller-coaster life of a freelancer. I should be used to it by now.

In the meantime you'll still find me doing Team Toxic in the top selling Toxic and The Daft Dimension in Doctor Who Magazine, and hopefully more stuff for other comics / mags in the months to come. (No idea what as yet though, so that's not a clue.)

My thanks to all of you who have said at conventions and on social media how much you enjoyed my Pup Parade pages. It's been a pleasure to work on a strip I used to enjoy so much as a kid. (I'm so old I remember when they first appeared in The Beano back in the 1960s!) Your warm comments have been much appreciated.

Onwards and upwards!

1 comment:

James Spiring said...

We already know why the story's title won't be what it normally is. Walter and his Dad took over the Beano editorship at the end of the current issue's Dennis and Gnasher story. They're trying to ruin the comic. Dennis and the gang will, I think I safely guess, put a stop to that and promise to make it better than ever.