Tuesday 7 March 2017

Latest Daft preview

Here's a preview of one panel from my next Daft Dimension strip that you'll find in Doctor Who Magazine No.510, on sale this Thursday, 9th March. 

This time it's about a group of fans, rather than being about the TV characters. Yes, we all know someone like this guy don't we? 

It's a privilege to be a contributor to the official Doctor Who Magazine but I've no idea yet if the new Doctor for the 2018 series will be male or female. (And I'd be sworn to secrecy even if I did know.) My guess is they'll stick with tradition and cast a male actor, but with a new showrunner taking over next year it's quite possible he'll want to completely shake up the show and cast a female lead. 

Personally, I don't think it matters what gender or ethnicity the new Doctor will be as long as we get good stories. 

I have a theory who the new Doctor might be, and I think there'll be a brilliant twist in the next Christmas episode that will reveal it, but I'll keep that speculation to myself for now. (I suspect I'll be completely proven wrong before then, and if so I'll reveal my theory and you can scoff at how daft it was.)

Anyway, until then, we have a whole series still to come with Peter Capaldi, who has been great in the role. The Cyberman are coming back later too. The original, cloth-faced 1966 Cybermen! It all begins on April 15th. As for The Daft Dimension, I need to get cracking on the next one, so it's back to the drawing board for me...

Here's the cover to look out for on Thursday...

No comments: